Soulsby Synthesizers. Home of The Atmegatron, a powerful 8-bit synth andThe miniAtmegatron, a synth shield kit for the Arduino Uno.
Soulsby Synthesizers Latest News
Good news! I have managed to ship all orders placed between Monday (24th) and Thursday (27th). I also have a fresh batch of Arduinos for the minis. Took a few late nights, but I'm pleased to say that normal service has resumed!
Just a quick note to say that the relaunch is going really well. I've been inundated with orders, which is great! The downside is that although I've started shipping, the most recent orders (from Weds/Thurs) may not ship until next week. Apologies for this.
This also means that I've fallen behind with making the video tutorials. Luckily Bent-tronics have already done an amazing assembly tutorial! I hope to do the tutorial for MIDI-hacking your Arduino Uno tomorrow (Friday), all being well.
AtmegatronThe Atmegatron relaunches today at the new price of £199 / €299 / $299. It is available from the webshop and distributors will have stock imminently.
There's also a new 90 second promo which covers all of the essentials.
News on the much-anticipated Odytron software soon!
miniAtmegatronThe miniAtmegatron launches today. It is a synthesizer shield kit for the Arduino Uno. The sound engine is based on the Atmegatron. They retail for £29 / €39 / $39. The kit contains the PCB, all components and instructions. It doesn't contain an Arduino Uno. By MIDI-hacking your Arduino Uno, the miniAtmegatron can be controlled via MIDI over USB. There will be a tutorial on how to do it this week.
This 90 second promo covers the essentials about the miniAtmegatron.
There is also a comparison table on the Products page.
The new version of the Atmegatron source code is available here.
It's a complete rewrite, but fixes all sorts of nags and niggles including:
- Function knob is always responsive (doesn't slow down with complex patches)
- LFO and Arpeggiator completely tightly locked together
- User waves increased from 6 to 16 (used in conjunction with Librarian software)
- External MIDI clock + Arpeggiator no longer freezes at high divisions
- Slightly improved Phaser algorithm
- Setting for more natural sounding exponential envelopes (default on)
- Setting for internal BPM (default 120)
- Setting for note priority (default High)
- Setting for legato mode (default on)
- Easter Egg!
This a beta version. Once finalised it will ship with all the new Atmegatrons which will be available later this month.
The handful of people who have pre-release MiniAtmegatrons can also find new MiniAtmegatron source code with new features and tweaks
Soulsby Synths will be very involved at Noise Kitchen Synth Fest, held by Bastl Instruments. Come to Brno and say hi! Here's what we're doing:
- 12th June - Synth Meet- 11:00-21:30 - meet the makers, try out and buy crazy instruments.(Kabinet Múz, Sukova 4, Brno)
- 13th June - Synth Workshops- build synths ! 14:30 - ??:?? (Skleněná louka, Kounicova 23, Brno). If you would like to build a miniAtmegatron, sign up here: http://noise.kitchen/synthfest/synth-workshops/
- 14th June - Synth Workshops-11:00 - (Skleněná louka, Kounicova 23, Brno)
- 13th June -Noise.Kitchen Party- 20:00 - Soulsby(UK), Aeiou(CZ), Arsen(CZ), Tomash GHz(CY), BURNKIT2600(US), Nuuttipukki(SK), Hanz Tisch(ŽB), laserová instalace od BR Laser (AT) (Skleněná louka, Kounicova 23, Brno)
- 12th June - Synth Party- 21:30 - epic music ! dance inevitable ! KODEK(Lv), HRTL(Cz), PROJEKT DATALINE(Se), PETER KIRN DJ SET(Us/De), MASTER CLOCK sharing (Kabinet Múz, Sukova 4, Brno)
- 13th June - Synth Talk- 12:00 - talk about the future of music with Peter Kirn of CDM (Kabinet Múz, Sukova 4, Brno)
- 13th June - Noise.kitchen grand opening- 16:30 (Skleněná louka, Kounicova 23, Brno)
- 14th-16th June - Bastl synth workshops-11:00 - (Skleněná louka, Kounicova 23, Brno)