Soulsby Synthesizers. Home of The Atmegatron, a powerful 8-bit synth andThe miniAtmegatron, a synth shield kit for the Arduino Uno.
Soulsby Synthesizers Latest News
And to kick off the year, here's our brand new product, the Oscitron! It's an 8-bit wavetable oscillator rammed full of features, some from the Atmegatron and some new. We're also launching it's companion module, the Uni-Five. It's a utility module that converts bipolar LFOs and 8V envelopes to unipolar 5V control voltages.
It launches on the 19th Jan. It's £260 (inc VAT) for the Oscitron/Uni-five bundle. The modules are also available separately.
There will be more demo vids and tracks coming up over the next couple of weeks. Click the link below for a 2 minute introduction.
... and there's a special present for miniAtmegatron owners!
Here's a preview of the Odytron port for the miniAtmegatron. Turn the miniAtmegatron into a totally different synth engine! The Odytron emulates the features and sound of a classic analogue synth in 8-bit. The synth has 2 filters, 2 oscillators, ring mod, white noise and much much more.
Here's a very rough and ready video demoing it.
The controls are virtually the same as the normal miniAtmegatron. Key differences are:
- Distortion and Phaser knobs control oscillator frequency offset.
- Amp LFO knob controls the overall amplitude output offset.
- Portamento/Wave crusher function only controls portamento
- Waveform function cycles through several combinations of oscillators, noise and ring mod
- Filter function cycles through, off, soft filter, hard filter (more resonant)
- LFO shape function cycles through several routings of the square, saw and S&H to oscillator freq and filter cutoff
- Xmassy sequence in the sequencer, which auto-increments through patterns
- Install Arduino IDE. Run it up once, then close it.
- Download Libraries 2.6. Then put the contents in /*documents folder*/Arduino/Libraries/
- Download the miniAtmegatron Odytron arduino sketch. Put the contents in /*documents folder*/Arduino/. Then double click SsMinOdytron.ino
- Remove the miniAtmegatron shield from the Arduino Uno.
- Attach the jumper onto the Arduino Uno, as shown in the instructions.
- Reattach the miniAtmegatron shield.
- Plug in the USB. Goto Tools->Board->Arduino Uno/Genuino. Goto Tools->Port->COMM** (your Arduino Uno).
- Click upload button (top left, second icon in).
- That's it. If you want to use the miniAtmegatron with MIDI, you'll need to remove the header again.
Merry Xmas! If you run into any issues with it, just put a message on the forum.
If you didn't make it to SynthFestUK this year and missed out on the Atmegatron mega deals, do not worry as they're back for one day only! Head over to the webstore to get the bargains.
- £120 B-Stock Atmegatron (40% off A-Stock price)
- £180 Odytron Special Edition (20% off)
The official Soulsby Synths T-Shirt is now on sale. There's a range of sizes available. The T-Shirt is black cotton with 3 colour screen print on it. Get yours today!
Available from the Soulsby Synths Webstore.
Soulsby Synths will be at SynthFest UK this Saturday (1st Oct). Booth E12
For Atmegatron/Odytron owners there will be free Atcyclotron and Strings overlays available, so come and say hi!
If you're thinking of buying an Atmegatron, there will be B-Stock Atmegatrons and Odytrons for sale at big discounts.
There will be the full range of Soulsby products on demonstration plus a preview of the Odytron software for the new Oscitron module.